In our Aug/Sept issue, Rob Erdos muses on float flying and we discuss night aerial firefighting. Plus: Air Canada in the pandemic, KF Aerospace at 50 and Canadians in the Battle of Britain.
Air Canada was named Best North American Airline for International Travel for the 12th consecutive year at the 2019 Best in Business Travel Awards by readers of leading frequent business traveller magazine Business Traveler USA.
“We are delighted to be consistently recognized as a North American leader in international travel by those who frequently fly a variety of airlines. We have strategically linked more than 50 U.S. cities to our powerful global network through our Canadian hubs with easy and seamless connections. Our extensive schedule together with our state-of-the-art aircraft, customer-focused products and award-winning service all validate the ongoing initiatives we are undertaking in our journey towards becoming a global champion. I want to thank our 33,000 dedicated employees worldwide for their incredible work transporting our customers safely and comfortably in a very competitive global market,” said Lucie Guillemette, executive vice-president and chief commercial officer at Air Canada.
Business Traveler USA invites its readers annually to select the top travel providers across the globe, noting that business travellers are always the first to identify the best products and services essential to success and return on the traveller’s investment.
Business Traveler USA’s Best North American Airline for International Travel is the latest award won by Air Canada this year, following:
- Global Traveler — 2019 Airline of the Year
- The Trazees – Favorite Airline in North America in 2019;
- 2019 Skytrax World Airline Awards including: Best Airline in North America for the third consecutive year, World’s Best Business Class Lounge Dining, Best Airline Staff in Canada, Best Business Class in North America and Best Airline Cabin Cleanliness in North America;
- Global Traveler Leisure Lifestyle Awards — Best Premium-Economy Class and Best for Onboard Entertainment;
- The Freddie Awards’ 210 Award for the airline in the Americas whose loyalty program value vote rating was trending higher, recognizing the growing appeal of Aeroplan;
- PAX International Readership Awards — Outstanding Food Service by a Carrier in North America and Best Business Class Amenity Kit in the Americas;
- TripAdvisor Traveller’s Choice Awards – Best Business Class in North America;
- One of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2020) for the seventh consecutive year;
- Diversity in Leadership at the 2019 Airline Strategy Awards.