Our April/May issue profiles the Q400 at 20 and delivers an update about ultra-low-cost carriers. More inside!
As in previous years, the winner(s) of the Innovation in Safety Award will be selected by a committee of industry professionals. The award ceremony will take place during the Helicopter Association of Canada’s annual conference, Nov. 9 to 11, in Ottawa, Ont. The award recipient(s) will receive a cash prize of C$10,000 in addition to recognition from the industry.
“Airbus Helicopters is proud to demonstrate our commitment to supporting and fostering a culture of aviation safety,” said Romain Trapp, president, Airbus Helicopters Canada. “With this award, Airbus Helicopters honours individuals and/or organizations across Canada who are carrying out their commitment to safety, with the introduction of processes and procedures that are both proactive and preventative.”
The Innovation in Safety Award was established as a point of reference to measure the advancements and accomplishments of organizations and individuals working to uphold Canadian helicopter safe flying practices, while employing an exceptional or ground-breaking approach. This award is a testimony to the high degree of professionalism and innovation found in today’s Canadian rotor-wing operations.
The ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ will be presented to the nominee whose exceptional or ground breaking approach has demonstrated an impact on the overall goal of safe flying procedures, as recognized through the analysis of skill development, training and any additional resources, while sustaining helicopter safe flying practices.
To be eligible, nominees must:
- Be a Canadian-owned organization, group, company, agency or individual resident of Canada;
- Have a lifelong career in helicopter flying and training, minimum 25 to 30 years, without any accidents. Professionalism and safe flying experience demonstrates a remarkable example for future helicopter pilots;
- Demonstrate a commitment and exceptional dedication to Canadian rotor-wing operational safety over an extended period of time (three years or longer);
- Have successfully completed a program or research project that has had a significant impact on safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry; and
- Show an outstanding act, effort, contribution or service to safety in the Canadian rotor-wing industry.
The 2017 ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ application is located on the Airbus Helicopters Canada website.
Deadline for submission is Oct.6, 2017.
Applications can be sent to:
Laura Senecal, Director, public relations and corporate affairs, at email@example.com.