We share highlights from Airshow London SkyDrive 2020, fly along with the Waterloo Warbirds in a formation clinic, and get the lowdown on Vans RV aircraft, Chorus Aviation, and Spidertracks.
Garmin International Inc. recently announced certification of the G1000 NXi integrated flight deck upgrade for the Embraer Phenom 300 business jet equipped with the Prodigy Flight Deck. The G1000 NXi boasts an array of modern features, including wireless connectivity, SurfaceWatch runway monitoring technology, visual approach guidance, HSI map and more. The displays also preserve the same mechanical footprint and harness connections so time to complete the G1000 NXi upgrade is minimized.
“Given the popularity and adoption rate of the G1000 NXi upgrade programs, we’re excited to grow this program to now include the Phenom 300,” said Carl Wolf, vice-president of aviation sales and marketing. “Significant performance enhancements accompany exclusive features such as wireless flight plan transfer that result in time savings in the cockpit, making this upgrade essential for all Phenom 300 owners and operators.”
Connext technology is available as standard on the G1000 NXi in the Phenom 300, which enables the wireless transfer of aviation databases from the Garmin Pilot app on a mobile device to the integrated flight deck. Additional wireless capabilities include two-way flight plan transfer, the sharing of GPS information, back-up attitude information and more, between the G1000 NXi and Garmin Pilot, FltPlan Go and ForeFlight Mobile applications.
The GWX 75 Doppler weather radar is available as an option with the G1000 NXi in the Phenom 300 and incorporates exceptional range and a high-definition colour palette that features four-times more colour contouring than typically displayed by other weather radars on the market. Boasting a solid-state design, the GWX 75 offers reduced power consumption and extended life compared to earlier generation, magnetron-based weather radars.
The G1000 NXi integrated flight deck in the Phenom 300 also supports additional features, including:
- Pilots can overlay a moving map within the horizontal situation indicator (HSI).
- The addition of SurfaceWatch runway monitoring technology provides visual and aural cues to help prevent pilots from taking off or landing on a taxiway, on a runway that is too short or on the wrong runway.
- Visual approach guidance helps pilots fly a more stable descent and precise flight path throughout the approach and landing phases of flight.
- Split screen view is available on the multi-function display, offering a simultaneous view of maps, charts and more.
- The addition of sectional charts and IFR low/high enroute charts give pilots convenient access to chart data on the flight display.
- Smart Airspace highlights the airspace nearest the aircraft’s current altitude and de-emphasizes non-pertinent airspace.
- Optional Bluetooth connectivity built-in to the audio panel allows pilots to easily stream audio entertainment and make or receive phone calls using their headsets. Additional audio panel functions include 3D Audio and advanced auto squelch.
Modernized displays offer improved readability and state-of-the-art processors support smoother panning and faster map rendering within the G1000 NXi. The G1000 NXi integrated flight deck also incorporates contemporary animations and new LED back-lighting, offering increased display brightness and clarity, reduced power consumption, and improved dimming performance.
The G1000 NXi upgrade for the Phenom 300 is available immediately through select Garmin dealers and Embraer Service and Support centres. The upgraded components of the G1000 NXi also come with a two-year warranty, which is supported by Garmin’s award-winning avionics product support team. For additional information regarding the G1000 NXi upgrade for the Phenom 300 or Phenom 100, contact Scott Frye at 913-440-2412 or firstname.lastname@example.org.