Agility is key for the RCAF, latest trends in business aviation, General Airspray profile, and we test-fly the AW101-612 SAR helicopter!
Porter Airlines is introducing a new entry-level fare class to meet increasing demand from travellers wanting to choose from a range of prices and service options they most value.
The new Basic fare is an entry-level product designed to provide essential services for passengers with definite travel plans. It delivers the lowest available price on select flights booked at least 21 days prior to departure.
Key features of the Basic fare are:
- Lowest price;
- Itinerary changes and cancellations are not permitted; no refunds or credits are issued;
- Online check-in is permitted; boarding passes must be retrieved at the airport check-in counter;
- One personal item, such as a small purse or briefcase, is permitted onboard; all other bags must be checked for a fee; and
- All service options, such as checked luggage and advance seat selection, are available for additional fees.
“This product appeals to the most price-conscious traveller,” said Michael Deluce, executive vice-president and chief commercial officer at Porter Airlines.
“The Basic fare will attract new customers who are looking for the lowest price. Like all Porter fares, it includes our award winning Flying Refined service.”
Basic fares are now available on select routes: Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins and Windsor, Ont.
The intention is to make them available on additional routes over a period of time.
Porter now has four fares classes, providing travellers with choices to meet individual needs:
- Freedom – All optional services included: refundable, changeable, and cancellable’
- Flexible – Offers affordable flexibility with some optional services included;
- Standard (formerly Firm) – Discounted fare with all optional services available for a fee; and
- Basic – Lowest fare for definite travel plans with some optional services available for a fee
To ensure that passengers choose the product that meets their needs, clear indications of key Basic fare class features are noted throughout the booking process on Porter’s website. Complete fare class details are available online.
All passengers, regardless of fare class, benefit from Porter’s complimentary premium services, including beer, wine and snacks onboard, and lounge access in select airports.
VIPorter members in the First, Priority and Passport categories also enjoy the benefits of their loyalty status when booking any fare class.